From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us
[mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]On Behalf Of KD5NWA
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 10:07 AM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Xylo

A USB2 port to talk to the PC, a I2C port to talk to the A/D and D/A
chips, and a bunch of I/O pins, what else do we need?

Maybe a second I2C header (2 bits + header), one for A/D the other
for slower peripheral I/O scattered through a system? That doesn't
cost much. Or perhaps a I2S interface (3 bits + header), some A/D and
codec devices require I2S instead of I2C. These items are mostly
implemented in the FPGA but it would be nice to have the connector on board.

A Ethernet 100T port? That would be nice, but can be added in
afterwards (2 bits + magnetic jack or a add-on board) at slightly
more expense compared to built in.

Let us not forget a program to make the thing do something useful.

I've been reading up on Verilog, the language is starting to make
sense, scary thought. Too bad it didn't exist when I was working as a
Engineer (up to 1983) it would have made life easier.

At 11:05 AM 12/13/2005, you wrote:
> [...]

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ...