Re: [Xylo-SDR] Some design thoughts requested

Thanks guys

I even considered high density SCSI stuff.

Cecil

I have not seen a ¼ size 3 U, EuroCard with 41612 after a lot of searchin. I’m sure they are probably out there but it didn’t Google well. The 3 U unit is WAY too much real estate for anything we are thinking about so far, and at $2.50/sq inch for a ‘manufactured’ board puts the 3 U unit on the expensive side (for hobbiest) projects.

I really do like the Hirose and is available in almost all configurations we are interested in at 5-8 bux a connector from Digi-Key in one quantity. Looks to me like the pin spacing and density are about right with 80 positions, for home brew circuit boards. With the right MB and an extruded case of the right length, we are in business. Actually we are in business either connector style if we come up with a reasonable number of connectors on the MB and our own motherboard to fit an extruded ‘slide board’ enclosure. Preferable board style would be wider for the external connections and shallow for minimal surface area in line with our smt stuff.

Comments?

Eric