Re: [Xylo-SDR] Comments on Board sizes & Eagle Light edition

Where is the script and is the patch applied to the current download? I really like kicad and if it is stable, produces good output, and will import Eagle libraries, I am going to give it a real shot. Thanks as always for your great work on this.

Bob
N4HY

Philip Covington wrote:

There is a script available that will let you convert eagle libraries
to Kicad library format. I have used it a few times and it works ok. Kicad libraries are ASCII files, so it is easy to create your own
library wizard if you can program a bit.  Any package you buy/use you
are going to have some kind of learning curve whether it is Eagle,
PADS, ORCAD, Kicad, gEDA, etc...

For someone who has not invested money in a package, Kicad is very
attractive.  There was a mention of some incompatibility in Kicad's
drill file output, but that is easily corrected with a patch.  At
first I just wrote a few line Python script to message the output into
the proper format.  Later I modified the source code.

73 de Phil N8VB