From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of Joe - AB1DO
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2006 4:26 PM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Contest Announcement

Just to make sure that we have some choice, let me throw another one in the
hat.

If I recall correctly, this project once started off under the guise of
Universal Station Accessory (USA, later renamed AUS-USA), which was on the
back burner for quite a while until the Xylo FPGA gave it the push (kick?)
it needed.

What is being thought out here is indeed a universal accessory in the sense
that many options are possible, ranging from "just" replacing the sound card

to a full blown SDR. In fact, "flexible" might describe it better than
universal. So it's actually a (very) flexible accessory, or to concatenate
freely, a

Flexessory,

with a wink to FlexRadio. Whether or not that makes this reflector a meeting

place for people who like to Flexessorize I'll leave up to others to decide.

Cheers,
73 de Joe - AB1DO