To: <vk4str@netspace.net.au>; "Xylo-SDR Discussion" <xylo-sdr@lists.ae5k.us>
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2006 3:17 AM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Aria Case... DIN41612 Backplane...

Ok, overstating the case for dramatic effect, I suspect this group has
now gone off the deep end. Remember the days when Eric was so happy
about the Xylo and how the 2"x2" board fit in his shirt pocket and he
could carry it around with him? Remember the idea of a couple of little
boards in a small box that could be tossed in a backpack or luggage?
Remember how cute the SoftRock is? Well, now we have a behemoth that
weighs in at more than 12 lbs., is a couple of times the size of the
SDR-1000 and uses boards that are about 6" on a side. And those are now
getting the cute little daughter cards that this whole thing started out
with. What happened?

It could still be quite small, with a couple of boards on a little backplane. That would fit in a jacket pocket.

Leon