Re: [Xylo-SDR] RFC - Motherboard

Chris

That's ok, so have I! I just know that no one has spent any money till we
get it all sorted out and firmed up. We don't have a name for the
motherboard connection but Sherwood has been suggested.

Let me give it a shot, since in the next few days it will get a bit more
focus. Phil_H has been trying all evening to post his concept drawing.

The Janus is basically SDR-1000 glue ideas. Things that have been mentioned
and some things which Phil - VK6APH and Bill - KD5TFD have proven in concept
are:

High quality A/D chip and streaming wideband digitized I/Q audio to
PowerSDR.
High quality D/A and A/D to microphone input, speaker/earphone output, side
tone etc.
High speed Iambic Keying to PowerSDR.
Control of the relays in SDR.
GPS clock reference to the SDR.
(More coming I think)

The Lionheart is the FPGA/USB Cyclone-FX2xx pulse of the system. Named for
and by Leon - G1HSM who is designing. It is still being defined, and will
forever be used to define programmable hardware in this project. Stand alone
or bus mounted utility.

So far it has Cyclone II (var) chip. (A logic hardware 'etch-a-sketch')
Programmable via USB to a memory chip.
FX2 USB connector.
A reset switch.
A couple of indicator LEDs
I2C connector? (I hope)
Ethernet connector (I hope)

Phil_C is doing a high speed A/D front end radio which he has the honors of
naming (hopefully soon). Concept description is in the last couple of
messages.

News yesterday at 11!

Eric