Re: [Xylo-SDR] [Flexradio] Proof-of-concept successful!

At 12:30 AM 1/29/2006, Phil Harman wrote:

We are looking at deriving an LVDS signal from the 200MHz oscillator and if anyone has any suggestions as to suitable connectors to use with a single LVDS signal then we would appreciate the information.
I assume you're actually talking about a differential pair LVDS signal.
IEEE 1394/Firewire uses multiple pairs of LVDS signals at those kinds of rates.
SATA (Serial ATA) uses a 7 pin connector to carry a pair of LVDS signals: Gnd, pair A, gnd, pair B, gnd.
We use 9 pin Micro-D connectors for 100 Mbps+ SpaceWire signals (4 LVDS pairs). But, they're fragile and expensive.
A good quality 100 Mbps ethernet jack and cat5 cable can also do it.

The real key is in board layout behind the connector.

Jim, W6RMK