Re: [Xylo-SDR] FDR?

Before you can run you need to learn how to walk.

Putting the DSP logic in there is a huge step, but a worthy goal.

At 02:44 AM 12/12/2005, you wrote:
Hi Leon, Phil and Phil,

Do we really need to take a truckload of hardware and the
supporting Gigabytes of Bill Gates' or Linus Thorvalds' stuff
(or possibly kilograms of apples) when going portable?

Why not really use FPGA, DSP circuit, DDS, a simple
microprocessor, LCD and few pushbuttons to create a Firmware
Defined Radio (FDR) instead of the SDR? I think, Gerald's
innovating SDR-1000 and the related tedious software exercise
after that has already very well demonstrated (and still
continues to do) the feasibility of totally new radio
architectures.

By the way, for practical reasons I very much second Phils'
suggestion of supporting PCM4202 and TLV320AIC23B in the XYLO
project (AK5394A would have been marginally better, but ...).

Many thanks to everybody for the great work,
Ahti OH2RZ