From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of Bill Tracey
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 9:57 AM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Xylo - smt proto boards

Unfortunately the source of proto boards I've used in the past
(http://home.att.net/~jacksonharbor/smt.htm) does not currently have the
board in production.

Nevertheless, here's a Wolfson mounted and ready for me to build up the
remainder of the circuit: http://www.tracey.org/wjt/temp/wolfson.jpg It may
not be pretty but it should be workable, at least for getting the control
sigs correct.

Here's how a completed project using this method looks:
http://www.tracey.org/wjt/temp/pcm2900-2-web.jpg -- this is a PCM 2900 USB
Codec I did a while back.  Works well enough for prototype purposes.  Will
admit the version of the circuit Tony did for the SoftRock was a bit
quieter than this prototype board.

It does look like Far Circuits has two boards that will deal with a 28 pin
SOIC - http://www.farcircuits.net/brdbd.htm#3bds   Look at the SMT
Manhattan Style boards, and the 116 pin and 1 28 pin breadboard.

Something to be aware of on these, I do not believe they have a solder
mask, so soldering to them can be a bit more tedious than soldering a board
with solder mask.

Cheers,

Bill (kd5tfd)

At 05:56 AM 12/14/2005, ecellison wrote:
>Folks

< ...deleted...>

>little easier to handle these itty bitty peppercorns! I know that Bill -
>KD5TFD has done a lot of this and has some small prototype board sources.

<... deleted ...>