[Xylo-SDR] A/D anti-aliasing filters

I clearly understand the need for anti-aliasing filters on an A/D converter, but with some devices it's a little less clear to me how much is actually needed.

Specifically: the TI / Burr Brown PCM1804 has a built in "linear phase antialias digital filter" that is fairly sharp and very deep. Does it require any additional filtering when connected to the capacitors of a quadrature sampling detector, like on Flex Radio? It almost seems like it will do more harm than good. Does anyone have practical experience on this?

Thanks!

Later,
Artie Lekstutis
KC2MFS