Re: [Xylo-SDR] Latest S3 ADC schematic

Ahti

I understand your situation, this is not a problem for us. This is for fun
in the short term no matter what. You and Sami have given a great deal to
the SDR effort and FlexSystems, and I am aware of your expertise in this
area.

Will record the audio for everyone, and post to Xylo-sdr group.

I looked at the free Eagle stuff and appears to be a bit limited as opposed
to Kicad free offering. Kicad allows multiple linked schematics,
multi-layer, Gerber output, BOM etc. Very nice GPL offering in the overall.
Unfortunately I think they are a little shy on parts, but have a nice design
interface and it appears to be well supported.

When I first latched on to Phil - VK6APH mention of the Xylo board, I did a
renewed search of FPGA stuff which I had earlier discarded, since I felt
FPGA's were WAY beyond my feeble capability of understanding. As Lyle
mentioned "Yet another FPGA board". I was amazed at the offerings. However,
the little Xylo was incomparable in price/performance and a perfect place to
jumpstart a 'glue' project for SDR-1000 and even beyond. Also this group
really formed rapidly and with obvious great expertise in many
electronically related areas. Actually the $100 Saxo would have been even a
less expensive starting place, but was not available at the time. Either way
they are VERY close in design and either will do for our merry little band!

For what You, Leon, Phil_C and perhaps GNU probably want one of the higher
end offerings in the $400 dollar range and PCI buss interfaced would be
better for the firmware radio. Going PCI instead of USB (except for noise)
would do the trick in one package.

Just one of many examples:

http://www.techniprise.com/pci_protoboard.htm?referrer=google

Thanks