From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of Philip Covington
Sent: Tuesday, January 03, 2006 8:21 PM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Some design thoughts requested

The required board thickness is 1.27mm +/-0.10.

One thing to consider:

The thickness requirement might cause a problem with using some of the
prototype board services since a lot of them standardize on 1.60mm.

73 de Phil N8VB

On 1/3/06, KD5NWA <kd5nwa@cox.net> wrote:
>  One advantage of the DDR size card is that if you don't need a large card
> it could be the size of a DDR module which is pretty small. You could fit
> SR5 and the bandpass module in one stick and still have a little room.
>
>  There is a board thickness that you need to maintain in order to get good
> contact to the socket, I don't have calipers at home to measure the
> thickness of a DDR card, and see if that is a standard thickness.
>

>  At 05:50 PM 1/3/2006, you wrote:
>
>  Guys
>
>  Done!
>
>  Lets go DDR DIMM sockets. with a MB of our design.  Now (or first) we
need
> an extruded aluminum (or other) project case with slides, in the size we
are
> talking about so we can define the board real-estate as default to slide
in
> the enclosure. Space on every few rails for a faraday shield between
boards.
>  The PCI bus gave us cheap L-Brackets on a third side for connectors,
> however in this design everything must come out the 'front' of the box. It
> would be nice if we could design a 'front' panel based on a PCB which
could
> be drilled for common connector sizes and be reproduced for different
> projects. Heck, even a blank buss structured, motherboard, power
> distribution, project case of this sort could be a product with all the
> experimenters around!
>
>  Sell this and fund our xylo boards! (smile)
>
>  Comments?
>
>  Eric
>

>  ________________________________

Also
>  > have a some 28 pin SOIC to DIP experimenter stuff for about the same
> price.
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >

http://www.sparkfun.com/shop/index.php?shop=1&cart=525299&cat=1&PHPSESSID=ab
ce58b426cb8d0d0c3cf4b1495f0312
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Other prototype boards can be had at:
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > http://protoboards.theshoppe.com/index.html
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Will return!
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Viva the Project
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  > Eric
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  ________________________________
>  >
>  >

http://www.mouser.com/index.cfm?handler=data.getPcodes&pcode=BPS%2BPrototype
%2BBoards&pcodenumber=85400
>  > >
>  >
>  >  Sample enclosure, can be home made from aluminum extrusions.
>  >  < http://www.busboard.net/bps-enc.htm >
>  >
>  >
>  >
>  >  At 03:34 AM 1/2/2006, Leon Heller wrote:
>  >
USA,