Re: [Xylo-SDR] Some design thoughts requested

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 12:04 PM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Some design thoughts requested

John ? Phil

Thanks, back to the drawing board! Seemed like a good idea, but with these limitations, I doubt that we would want to do it this way.

Looks like we are back to indirect connectors, like DIN41612. They use standard thickness PCB material, are designed for multiple insertions, and are even replacable (with the right equipment). They have been used for many years on VME systems, which are still very popular in military equipment. The single Eurocard is a nice format (160 mm x 100 mm) with 32, 64 or 96 pins, and may be scaled down to half-length, or less, for smaller systems.

Leon