From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of Edson Pereira
Sent: Friday, January 06, 2006 11:34 PM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: [Xylo-SDR] Saxo

Hello:

I've just received the new Saxo board this morning! I still have a few
things to resolve since I will be using Linux for playing with the board.

My goal is:

a. Have the Saxo enumerate as an USB Audio Class device so that I can
leverage ALSA and Jack under Linux.
b. Use the USB HID interface to communicate with the FX2 8051
microcontroller.
c. Implement a parallel port interface under the FX2 control so that I
can control the SDR-1000.

For data acquisition, I will initially be using the AD1838 CODEC since I
have it in hand. Later I may change the CODEC to separate ADC/DACs with
higher dynamic range.

A few questions to the group:

1. Is there anyone experimenting with the Xylo/Saxo under Linux?
2. For the current development under Windows, is the USB Audio Class
interface being used? If not what mehcanism is being used to transfer
data from the FX2  to the computer?
3. Is there any attempt to load FPGA code via USB without using the
fpga4fun tools?

Since I don't have any experience in programming FPGAs, I will have to
slowly learn it. I want to use the FPGA just as an I2S interface plus
FIFO for interfacing the FX2 with the CODEC chip. Does anyone have any
code fragment I could use for this?

73,

-- Edson, pu1jte, n1vtn, 7n4ncl