[Xylo-SDR] NRFC - (No Request For Comment)

Folks

Phil, and Cecil thanks for the extensive RFC. I will have an enclosure and design based on your earlier comments, perhaps it will become a ‘product’ in itself. This is more within my capability as a contributor.

Youse guys should go back to producing circuits to go in the ‘box’.

My plan:

Enclosure and motherboard based on Euro or VME standard buss structure 96 lines including 3 powers and ground, triplicate pin assignments removing 12 pins from 96.

Enclosure construction with vertical and horizontal card slides.

Design project board real estate will be standard EuroBus 100 mm (3.9x inch) width horizontally mounted on slides with a 2 inch depth (2”x4” inches)

Case depth will probably be 6 inches with 2 boards mounted vertically in the rear to mount larger components to support power and modules like GPS rcvrs (TBD)

Height still to be determined.

Target price for enclosure and backplane minus active components is < $50

Have at it. Anyone up to desiging a Cyclone II heartbeat with FX2 USB, I2C, Serial port front mounted on 3.9” ???

Eric