Re: [Xylo-SDR] Comments on Board sizes & Eagle Light edition

I believe it will let you do solder mask and label layers, you are limited to two layers of copper. I have seen some boards made with the free version and they were complete with mask and component labels on both sides.

At 05:45 PM 1/9/2006, you wrote:
Ahti

Thanks, yes, the 2 layers is a big limiting factor. It appears that there
are a number in the Xylo Group who have the full version. I think that if
some of us have the lite version they could take our files and parley them
into a single file.

Does the Lite version allow the solder mask and label layers? ( have not
played enough with it)

Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of Ahti Aintila
Sent: Monday, January 09, 2006 6:32 PM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Comments on Board sizes & Eagle Light edition

Eric,

I am using Free Eagle. For the full EuroCard (100 x 160) I divide the
circuit to two separate layouts (100 x 80) so that the PCB shop can
easily combine them side to side on their panel. Then the electrical
connections between the two can be made by wire jumpers. I think, this
concept should work well with the mother board layout. The daughter
cards obviously will be smaller in any case.

Rather than the size, more serious handicap of the Free Eagle is the
limitation of two copper layers only.

Ahti OH2RZ