From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of KD5NWA
Sent: Saturday, January 14, 2006 1:43 PM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] FTDI FT2232C USB interface

Says it's USB-2 but when you read the specs, 12 M Bit speed limit, on
the serial side 1.1 M bits, way too slow.

At 192KHz the transfer rate is 1.15 million bytes or 9.2 million bits
per second not counting housekeeping, and control information.

If it's cheap, the chances are that it won't do at all, like you
said, the FX2 also does FPGA programming duties also.

At 10:47 AM 1/14/2006, you wrote:
> > The FTDI FT2232 might be worth considering as an alternative to
> the Cypress
> > FX2LP. It's a lot cheaper and smaller, and might be fast enough:
> >
> > http://www.ftdichip.com/Products/EvaluationKits/FPGA.htm
>
>The Silicon Laboratories CP2102 is also a reasonable candidate for an
>RS232 <-> USB interface.
>
><http://www.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/public/web_content/products/Microcontrolle
rs/Interface/en/interface.htm>

>The advantage of the FX2 is that it is more than just an serial
>converter; it is a programmable 8051 microcontroller that can execute
>algorithms, such as programming the FPGA from a bitstream.
>
>73,
>
>Lyle KK7P

Cecil Bayona
KD5NWA
www.qrpradio.com

"I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting the
same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this time ... "