Re: [Xylo-SDR] Questions - Enclosure - MB - Kicad

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Ellison" <ecellison@comcast.net>
To: "'Xylo-SDR Discussion'" <xylo-sdr@lists.ae5k.us>
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2006 7:49 PM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Questions - Enclosure - MB - Kicad

Leon / Everyone

Before I order enclosures, let's nail this down. Board width is 100 mm board
length can be what we decide. I chose 4" however 1/2 Euro is 3.152 inches.
We still can vote here, but the size of the enclosure I will order will be a
fixed length based on the length we decide +12.7 mm for MB standoff from
backplate, and x - y adjustement. Groove dimension for board slides is 101
mm. Inside dimension from land to land on slides is 96 mm. (components must
be placed within this 96 mm.)

I don't mind 4", it'll give more room for tracks, which my board will have a lot of, and I might be able to make them 8 mils. 6 mil tracks don't cost any more than 8 mil ones, from most suppliers, though.

73, Leon