Re: [Xylo-SDR] FPGA board

----- Original Message ----- From: "Phil Harman" <pvharman@arach.net.au>
To: "Xylo-SDR Discussion" <xylo-sdr@lists.ae5k.us>
Sent: Tuesday, January 17, 2006 11:54 AM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] FPGA board

Leon,

If I leave the RESERVED pin on the FX2 on the Xylo open (normally connected to 0v) then the FX2 can not be detected as a USB device by the PC. I suggest
that you put a pad by this bin and a earth nearby just in case we need to
jumper it.

I've actually added a header for a jumper.

Also the Xylo lets you select 12/24/48MHz from the FX2 as a clock input to the Cyclone . It's important that the FX2 clock is available on an FPGA pin
since all the USB reads/writes have to be sync to this clock.

I've added the connection from CLKOUT to the FPGA.

Latest version has been uploaded.

The Pulsonix software I use allows me to assign a pin swap condition to any pin. I've done that for the FPGA so that connections may be optimised on the PCB, and the schematic back-annotated with any changes.

73, Leon