Re: [Xylo-SDR] Enclosure Drawing

Phil

Thank you very much. Yes, this is exactly how I envisioned it should be. We
also have space to the left for non bus connected 4x4 boards. Power Supply?

Phil: - VK6APH: No, the boards will be 100 x 100 fixed size, and designers
edge mount external devices at the front edge of the board. Boards will be
flush with the front of the enclosure. And yes .8 inch will be the spacing.
Bob - N4HY didn't want a nightmare of mountings and 'some assembly
required'. So we went from the "2x4" to the "4x4".

Cecil: I considered the Lincoln bins product for some time also some
equivalents from Xtech, Tecal, RPElectronics, Hammond and about 50 others. I
even bought a RP enclosure for 17 bux (23 with end plates). The max height I
could get was about about 53 mm. Not enough for 4 connectors on the buss. I
was considering the RP enclosure with a three connector buss and a rearward
facing buss connector for a rear facing board in the back of a 160 mm depth
enclosure. Design was so confusing I confused myself and everyone else.

When I reconsidered I went Rose+Bopla since they have horizontal 160 mm
slots and Vertical 100 mm slots for boards. They are also very easy to deal
with and have $100 minimum order with this style extrusion the cost is 86
dollars a meter, the one with flanges extending off the horizontal edges is
$101 dollars. Cutting to length is $2. Really nice front and rear panels are
$15 a panel (Yikes). Drill and tap for 5$ per in 25 minimum parts. In any
case, at the low minimum order $. This is practically an off the shelf
order. If in the future we want to combine projects into a mega project.
i.e. a radio, then the 160 mm mounting without buss would also serve in the
same enclosure. They sent me the DWG files for this enclosure today.

Eric