Re: [Xylo-SDR] Enclosure Drawing

Phil

Thanks again, wish I had all the drawing tools.

Several things to note for discussion:

1. From where you have the 101 mm dimension line drawn, to the left edge of
the enclosure is where the 100 W PA goes. (smile)

2. I was going to (and did start counting slots and drawing lines) move the
first connector to the right 1 slot to use the surplus from the radius.

3 Also note, depending on height of components, a 100 x 100 circuit board
can be mounted between each card for shielding.

4. The left side of the cabinet can be used for other components like power
regulators, bricks etc.

5. I have been reconsidering Lyle's comment about making the endcover, the
buss circuit board. We would have to come up with some suitable coverplate,
over that, however, the design would be simplified considerably, albeit a
little more expensive due to board area. Comments?

I did Google around looking for inexpensive PCB's for end plates in pre-cut
single or double sided circuit board material. Couldn't find the right
dimensions.

So looked at aluminum, still no exact size, however I did find the
ExpressPCB equivalent in machine shop. Looking at the examples and just
looking at simple plates, it wouldn't take many to beat the Rose+Bopla price
for endplates.

Check it out. I played with it a little but did not get prices. Even without
buying anything, it's fun to play with the free software, and it will do
drawings!

http://www.emachineshop.com/

Eric