Re: [Xylo-SDR] FPGA board

On 1/17/06, Phil Harman <pvharman@arach.net.au> wrote:
> Leon,
>
> If I leave the RESERVED pin on the FX2 on the Xylo open (normally connected
> to 0v) then the FX2 can not be detected as a USB device by the PC. I suggest
> that you put a pad by this bin and a earth nearby just in case we need to
> jumper it.

According to the newest data sheet for the FX2LP that I downloaded
from Cypress, the RESERVED pin must be tied to ground.  I am not sure
what internal function that the RESERVED pin is for (probably some
test function), but they seem to have clarified that it should be
connected to ground.  In earlier data sheets it did not specifically
say what to do with this pin.

73 de phil N8VB