From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of Eric Ellison
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 10:11 AM
To: 'Xylo-SDR Discussion'
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Teamspeak FPGAdiscussion-Have we
paintedourselvesinto a corner? Boxedourselves in?

Steve

Well for certain the jury is still out on the subject. Obviously there are a
number of very well considered objections, on the PCI passive backplane, as
well as some unanswered questions.

I really like my Aria enclosures and mini-itx MB flamethrowers. It would be
what I would buy for this project if we were going PCI and passive
backplane. However, any ATX enclosure would work.

http://www.antec.com/us/productDetails.php?ProdID=15130

Actually the EuroBuss connector backplane we invented is well condidered and
designed, And really has only 2 parts that need to be inventoried and
sourced -> the ATX connector and the board itself. The Rose+Bopla enclosure
can be ordered in $100 dollar quantities and cut to size so is almost 'off
the shelf', although aluminum backplate is going to have to be custom.

Eric