Re: [Xylo-SDR] Lionheart Block diagram v1.3

At 11:52 PM 1/26/2006, Phil Harman wrote:

My answers inline.

Lionheart V1.3 uploaded at

1. Do we put USB socket on board or use common PC MB header and plug/socket

Not sure I understand the question. I'd think we'd put a Type B or the smaller client side connector on the Lionheart to get USB to it.

2. What plugs/sockets for 1pps/DDS clock/Control/RS232?  I suggest SMB for
1pps and DDS clock.

Not sure on this one. For the1 1pps (or 10khz) reference signal SMB should be OK. For the DDS output/DDS clock (the countee signal) I was looking at using LVDS , was thing of using shielded twisted pair - would need three conductors, shield/ground, +signal, -signal. Had not really sorted out what connector to use. If anyone has suggestions/recommendations on appropriate connectors for a 200 MHz signal coming in from the outside chime in.

3. What goes to the DIN connector marked ?????

Dont' know

4. Are we just going to use the FX2 in its "enumerate and get out of the way
mode" or in GPIF mode? If the latter should we add an EPROM to it just as
allowed for on the Xylo?

Think provision for an EEPROM woudl be a good idea. If we do not use it, don't populate it.

73's  Phil...VK6APH