Re: [Xylo-SDR] ATLAS Decisions to be made

32,18 Polish   translates to $5.93......

-Ray

-----Original Message-----
From: Lyle Johnson [mailto:kk7p@wavecable.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 4:51 PM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Cc: ray.anderson
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] ATLAS Decisions to be made

> Lyle
>
> Vector sells the gamut. I think the backplanes start at about $200 for
the
> sub-chassis...

Check this website:

<http://inventi.pl/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=16&;
zenid=08672fea9f4f9a71dcb68f7bb7d5a0f0>

You can get an 8-slot backplane kit (PCB and 8 DIN connectors and 2
power connectors) for 32,18 polish currency units, which is slightly
under $10 USD.  These are 64-pin rather than 96 pin, but it is a start
and it is dirt cheap.  Might this do the job we are trying to accomplish

if we are dropping the LVDS stuff on the backplane?  We can do a group
buy and save on the shipping costs.

I suspect there are several other hobbiest bus backplanes based on the
DIN connector standard floating around on the web that are easy to
procure.

Just stirring the pot,

Lyle KK7P