Re: [Xylo-SDR] Xylo

----- Original Message -----
From: KD5NWA
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 12:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Xylo

I think then that that dark layer in the middle of the board is glue.

I had a email from Jean this morning, and he is going to be making a Cyclone II board next year.

I was looking at some of the other Altera FPGA's and wow! The Flex series has up to 26K LEs, runs at 1 GHz, and up to 1000 user I/O pins. I bet that one is more than $20 Just the board to hold this 1506 pin IC will cost more than $20.

Some of the really big FPGAs cost 1000s of $! Xilinx has some with four Power PC CPUs included.

Leon