Re: [Xylo-SDR] Firewire, DSP and FPGA on one module

I should have said I prefer the 6713B to other TI chips. The Blackfin is a very capable chip and has free development tools.

Bob

Robert McGwier wrote:

The TMS320C6713B DSK comes with free development tools but you need to purchase the DSK. I greatly prefer this chip to any of the alternatives. You can get it to run at 300 MHz and draw very small power. For most SDR applications, you easily run entirely off on chip memory. It runs fast in float modes. The DSK, which comes with development tools is $450 or so. Lyle, Howard Long (G3LVB), Chuck Green (N0ADI), Frank Brickle (AB2KT), and I are working on hardware and software using this part at its heart fir AMSAT SDR based transponders. The drawback to the free development tools with the DSK is that you hope you get a bug free version since it does not appear that they upgrade the freeware once you have installed.

Cheers,
Bob