Re: [Xylo-SDR] Firewire, DSP and FPGA on one module

The board that Leon is laying out uses the bottom end Cyclone II chip, it has thirteen 18 bit multipliers on board and 2.5X the amount of logic, and 3X the amount of RAM compared to the Xylo. That board aught to have plenty left to play around with, and  with the multiplier chips it aught to handle some of the math, at least to start experimenting.

It usually takes 4 18 bit multipliers to implement a 36 bit multiplier, you could have 3 36 bit multipliers cranking out data that ought to be good for something.

I'm no expert either, but I have vision issues that make it very hard for me to build with SMT, but with this device, you wire the inputs, you wire the outputs, and whatever happens in-between does not require a soldering iron.