Re: [Xylo-SDR] Latest S3 ADC schematic

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Ellison" <ecellison@comcast.net>
To: "'Xylo-SDR Discussion'" <xylo-sdr@lists.ae5k.us>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 4:07 PM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Latest S3 ADC schematic

Leon

Thanks, very clean layout. What CAD program are you using? We had a
discussion on Teamspeak Xylo forum yesterday and tried to get a consensus.
If we were on the same page with CAD we could probably do an SVN or similar
as we design stuff.

I use Pulsonix:

http://www.pulsonix.com

It's rather expensive, but cheaper than Protel, OrCAD etc. It's also much easier to use than competitive products. It can import designs from most of the other packages. The free demo (100 pin limit) can be used for viewing designs.

Phil - VK6APH has suggested that we go a board production probably with the TI chips to work with the Xylo/Saxo. We have not decided on the A/D but the
TI chips really look like the way to go since they are readily available
here in the States from Digi-Key and the AD has almost the same specs as the
Cirrus offering. It is about 1/2 the cost.

Is that the TLV320AIC23B?

Also, TI is very helpful with free samples. I'll be ordering some 16-bit codecs to use with the dsPIC from RS. I've designed a simple dsPIC board with a mono codec, but a stereo one would be nice.

Incidentally I have suggested that we have a Xylo group Teamspeak discussion
on Saturdays at 1700 so that those interested in this group in EU can
participate. Ahti? Leon? Others in EU? WATSA?

OK, I'll put that into my PDA to remind me with an alarm.