Re: [Xylo-SDR] Xylo-SDR project details

----- Original Message ----- From: "vk4str" <vk4str@netspace.net.au>
To: "Xylo-SDR list" <xylo-sdr@ae5k.us>
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 2:58 AM
Subject: [Xylo-SDR] Xylo-SDR project details

Hi to all,
I just subscribed to this list because my next SDR project is going in
the direction of FPGA, USB etc.

When looking over the Xylo-SDR webpages and also the forum webpages I
could not find any specific project specifications or details. Could
someone please provide me with a link to project related information,
thanks. Would be nice to know what is planned to go into the enclosure, hi.

The only thing being worked on at present is my FPGA board, which is really the core item in the system. You may see the schematic and PCB here:

http://www.leonheller.com/cyclone/cyclone_sch.pdf

http://www.leonheller.com/cyclone/cyclone_pcb.pdf

I upload new versions periodically, as I get comments on them. I have virtually all the parts I need for a few prototypes and have checked them against the footprints. They seem OK so I'll get on with finishing the schematic. When everyone is happy with the bus connections I'll start laying out the board. It won't take long, I'll route the critical tracks manually and just let the autorouter do the rest. It does a very good job on this sort of design.

The other important sub-system is the ADC. I've scrounged a couple of sample LTC2208 16-bit 130 Msps samples from LT. These are about the best ADCs available for this type of radio, and I'll be designing a PCB for one of them when the FPGA board is finished.

Of course, the radio doesn't have to use a very expensive ADC, it could use a simple QSD front-end like a SoftRock.

Perhaps these notes could be added to the web page?

73, Leon