Re: [Xylo-SDR] RFC - Powers

Phil

Sorry we missed you on Teamspeak tonight! Great session and I botched the
Audio. I'll back up the source file before I try this again!

Thanks also for your project plan. As a team, this is a great project! I
know that we can do it! You 'called the ball' in the first sentence, is that
this is modular in the entire plan so that the 'product' in the end could be
as simple as supplying a 'neat enclosure' to the general public, to
combining 'experiments' that we do and enclosing it in the same enclosure as
a different project/product. I guess you could tell from my comments, that I
am rooting for you/us with your SDR!

Yep, it has been my sad experience that computer power supplies do need a
minimum load to start, and I don't know what that is?  Also they need a
'cold contact' to firmware to turn them on. So we are going to have to
figgre that out. They are available in quantity at any landfill so shouldn't
cost much. If you got really sharp eyes, you can catch them at the end of
any driveway on garbage day!

I think we only really need the +/- 12, +5 and ground.

Yes, I think a pass through to the back panel, using a common molex 4 pin
connector should work..

Let's ask Phil - VK6APH, "If Phil likes it everybody likes it!"

Eric