[Xylo-SDR] Forum Audio from Xylo Group

NUTS!

I started processing the audio from tonight’s excellent Teamspeak session to MP3. I got a ‘pop up’ in the beginning urging me as an “Excellent user of the software” to buy the full version. When I was saving the conversion got a “Send – Don’t send to Microsoft” message and the source file had about 35 seconds of audio!

It was a good session, mainly discussions to using this ‘device’ as an adjunct to SDR-1000 Software defined radio. I think all of us know that it will be more than that in the end, but this will be a killer of an external component to the SDR-1000.

Phil – VK6APH and Bill – KD5TFD have about nailed the audio interface from the Wolfson chip.

Bill – KD5TFD is working on a ‘smooth’ interface between the Xylo Thing to the PowerSDR software. Bill also has a GPS interfaced to the Xylo and is sending information back to the PC ultimately give frequency correction to the sub hz range.

Phil – VK6APH is working on inserting CW via the USB on the Xylo interface in I/Q format to key the SDR at truly high speed properly ‘shaped’ waveform.

We need to be thinking about defining the SDR-1000 interface project scope, as Phil – N8VB did with the HPSDR message earlier.

Apologies for losing the audio. This IS exciting stuff. Will be more careful in the future!

Go Bill! Go Phil!

Eric