From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of vk4str
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 7:52 PM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Lionheart Block diagram v1.2

Hi All,

> Just posted V1.2 of Lionheart to www.hamsdr.com .  Lets get the feedback
> started so Leon can work his magic on the PCB.

Is it possible to get at least one serial port (emulated COM port over
USB) onto Atlas the motherboard? There are a number of peripherals that
need to be hooked up to the system, GPS engine, TNC's, just to name a
few. Can the FPGA handle that, Leon? There are a lot of applications
that need to see a COM port to work, so the FPGA needs to emulate that
transparently.

The 128 pin FX2 has two serial ports, that would be easy. One could also
run one 8 bit bus (or more) off the FX2 onto the Atlas, would be handy
to have a small data buss bypassing the FPGA.

Eric, the newer V2.0 ATX PSU's come with a 24 pin Molex connector. But
you can plug the 20 pin Molex from older pre V2.0 ATX PSU's into that as
well.

Helmut