Re: [Xylo-SDR] Lionheart Block diagram v1.3

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Ellison" <ecellison@comcast.net>
To: "'Xylo-SDR Discussion'" <xylo-sdr@lists.ae5k.us>
Sent: Friday, January 27, 2006 11:06 AM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Lionheart Block diagram v1.3

Folks

IMHO

In this exchange, everyone seems to be thinking existing projects. If the
front panel of the Lionheart has the room, I would suggest adding stuff that
is not in present plans.

The reason we jumped the Xylo (at least me) is that it had a lot of options
VGA, I2C, JTAG, etc, and was simple to load and run programs. Perfect for
experimentation.

This board will have generic appeal outside ham radio just like the other
FPGA prototyping systems. If we can fit it on and it does not cost a million
bux, but just pin connections or a max 233. Jam it in. Even if it isn't
supported in current plans or code.

That sort of stuff is better on a daughter board, isn't it?

Leon