Re: [Xylo-SDR] Monthly Specials - Kinda like this vendor - Have an ATX Supply on sale.

I sure wouldn’t recommend buying this ATX supply. This one was designed by the old adage “till it worked, then they pulled parts out till it quit and put the last part back”. There ARE some REALLY cheap computer power supplies out there! There are also some really good ones. I like my Antec and it is pretty dern quiet and compliant with the published specs.

From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us] On Behalf Of KD5NWA
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 9:12 PM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Monthly Specials - Kinda like this vendor - Have an ATX Supply on sale.

What ever happened to the days where power supplies were so expensive that most of us would build them ourselves?

Take a look all the way at the bottom of the page, there is a interesting case, but I noticed that they labeled the open and close pictures, the way I figure it if you need to have the pictures labelled then you have no business messing with the box, you will hurt yourself. :-P