Re: [Xylo-SDR] New head of steam (Eric Ellison)

Hi Ray,

Bill and I are very close to a functional Janus breadboard. The latest block diagram is on hamsdr and I'm working on the preliminary circuit diagram at the moment.

Apart from the Lionheart board there is the Mercury high speed A/D that Phil N8VB is working on and Lyle mentioned that he was interested in a DSP board so that an associated PC was not needed. I also have a set of hamband band pass filters and preamp that will go on a Board plus a low lever PA and LPF's. There may also be some news shortly on an alternative to the QSD. Seems like 4 slots is going to be a bit light?

Leon has defined the 5v and 0v pins he will use on the DIN connector (he does not need +12v) but I only know the signals for the Janus and have not selected pins at yet.

One thing that Bill and I discussed was to put a header on the Janus board that would enable a ribbon cable to attach it to a Xylo or Saxo board. That may not be any use above 48k sampling due to limitations in the FPGA on these boards but should be considered now that Leon is not going directly to Lionheart but a two stage development.

I will post the preliminary Janus circuit shortly.

73's Phil....VK6APH

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray Anderson" <ray.anderson@xilinx.com>