A Ethernet 100T port? That would be nice, but can be added in afterwards (2 bits + magnetic jack or a add-on board) at slightly more expense compared to built in.

Let us not forget a program to make the thing do something useful.

I've been reading up on Verilog, the language is starting to make sense, scary thought. Too bad it didn't exist when I was working as a Engineer (up to 1983) it would have made life easier.

At 11:05 AM 12/13/2005, you wrote:
----- Original Message -----
From: <mailto:kd5nwa@cox.net>KD5NWA
To: <mailto:xylo-sdr@lists.ae5k.us>Xylo-SDR Discussion
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:30 PM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Xylo

By the way the Saxo board uses the Altera's Cyclone FPGA EP1C3T100 so your board with the Cyclone II will be the developers hot-rod.

I just noticed that. The Saxo appears to be more of a basic system than the Xylo board, with much less stuff on it, and a lot cheaper.

I've got one of the Xilinx/Digilent Spartan 3 kits with a -400 part. It was only $125 from Digilent. It's better in some ways than the Xylo board, but doesn't have USB.

My Cyclone II chips have been shipped, according to FedEx. They haven't left Memphis, yet, so I probably won't get them for a couple of days.

Leon