Re: [Xylo-SDR] Firewire, DSP and FPGA on one module

----- Original Message ----- From: "S. Cash Olsen" <KD5SSJ@zianet.com>
To: "'Xylo-SDR Discussion'" <xylo-sdr@lists.ae5k.us>
Sent: Sunday, December 18, 2005 4:20 PM
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Firewire, DSP and FPGA on one module

Robert,

I may have read a lot into the project that I wanted to see but I
thought one of the reasons for the efforts were to replace the desktop /
laptop. This thought may apply to the disscussion of the USB 1 or 2.0,
it is a link to the desktop / laptop and we know that can be done, but
in order to have a SDR free from the big computer we need hardware that
is fieldable and relatively low power.

One option is a DAC for audio output. It can even be implemented on the FPGA as Ray Andraka did with an FM radio he implemented on a Xilinx FPGA. He used a 1-bit sigma-delta DAC, so the whole radio consisted of an ADC and FPGA.

Leon
---
[This E-mail has been scanned for viruses but it is your responsibility to maintain up to date anti virus software on the device that you are
currently using to read this email. ]