Re: [Xylo-SDR] FTDI FT2232C USB interface

I don't think the 2232 will do the speed we need - the data sheet claims 1 MByte/sec -- for audio we need 192 Ksamples/second x 2 channels x 3 bytes/sample (24 bit, 192 khz stereo) which puts us at 1.152 MBytes/sec (9.21 MBits/sec) raw transfer rate needed. Adding in framing overhead and some other control info and we're probably out of capacity. For 16 bit 48 khz it would likely work.

Still a nice device to keep in mind - I've used 'em for PC Bitbanger projects - very easy to use and they come in packages with actual pins!

Cheers,

Bill  (kd5tfd)