[Xylo-SDR] RFC - Powers

Folks

Changed the subject in the header.

I hope folks like Bill – KD5TFD, Phil – VK6APH, Phil – N8VB are designing their projects based on some of the constants we are defining are NOT reading all this stuff based on subject. Hopefully they WILL trust that we are commenting and deciding and are keeping their project in mind.

What powers do we want coming into the MB?

Do we want to create a power board within the enclosure or have power source external to the enclosure?

I’ll kick it off.

I would like to see us use the ‘rest’ of our 100 x 156 (ID) x 113 mm enclosure for a powers board.

I would like to see a SINGLE 12 volt input to the back of the enclosure with other voltages derived from that via DC-DC regulators.

On project board regulators should use the power supplied from this slide in board for component power, from the buss.

Thoughts for the ‘rest of the space’ is take +12 Volt input from the back of the enclosure to a DC to DC converter to supply:

+12 V ( passthru from back panel regulated, not highly filtered, unlimited current)

5 V

+/- 15 V.

Comments?

Eric