Re: [Xylo-SDR] RFC - Powers

+5V, +- 13.8V

Three scenarios, #1 is the most practical,  when you try to do too many things it cost too much.

Scenario 1

Input power source is either 13.8V or 110V-220V power cord, using a switcher to generate all power.

The +5 at 5 to 8 amps, logic power, can be used in a card when 3.3V is required.
The +13.8 2 to 3 amps used with local regulation for op-amps. Raw power for a modest amplifier.
The -13.8 at .5A or less, very little power needed, used mostly with op-amps that use +- power, local regulated to a lower voltage for noise consideration.

Scenario 2

+13.8 is the input power source, desire to have fairly high power out from an amplifier.

The +5 at 5 to 10 amps, logic power, can be used in a card when 3.3V is required.
The +13.8 5 to 10 amps used with local regulation for op-amps. Raw power for a amplifier.
The -13.8 at .5A or less, is derived from the +13.8, very little power needed, used mostly with op-amps that use +- power, local regulated to a lower voltage for noise consideration.

Scenario 3

Power supplied by wall outlet (110V-220V) using a switching power supply.

High fidelity audio modes desired, running RF final at 28Volts.

The +5 at 5 to 10 amps, logic power, can be used in a card when 3.3V is required.
The +13.8 5 amps. Used to power op-amps with local regulation, raw power for power amplifier.
The -13.8 at 5 amps ,  very little power needed, used for op-amps that use +- power, local regulated to a lower voltage for noise consideration. Used for power output stage to run on 28V for higher efficiency, better quality RF in voice modes.