Re: [Xylo-SDR] Xylo-SDR project details

The other important sub-system is the ADC. I've scrounged a couple of sample
LTC2208 16-bit 130 Msps samples from LT. These are about the best ADCs
available for this type of radio, and I'll be designing a PCB for one of
them when the FPGA board is finished.

Of course, the radio doesn't have to use a very expensive ADC, it could use
a simple QSD front-end like a SoftRock.

Leon,

Thank you for your excellent design decisions. I'm waiting for my samples of LTC2208. Hopefully I can find time for this interesting project.

Obviously the next step will be the digital down and upconverters (DDC and DUC) using the FPGA for a complete transceiver? Sorry, if my thoughts are too much in the future, but before starting any new projects I usually want to have a good roadmap.

73, Ahti OH2RZ (the Lurker)