Re: [Xylo-SDR] ATX Power Supply

On 1/19/06, Eric Ellison <ecellison@comcast.net> wrote:
> Phil
>
> Nice article! Thanks.
>
> Although a little large, and having more connections than we need, atx
> connector could be done on back of board. It more or less mandates an ATX
> supply, although the exterprising person could just hack an ATX plug off a
> power supply and connect the proper voltages off a non atx supply.
>
> Eric

Eric,

It might just be easier to put the molex 4 pin connector on the back
of the motherboard and let the user decide how to supply power to it.
In the case of a AT or ATX power supply I would just wire in a 4 pin
molex plug to fit the molex connector on the motherboard.  The 4 pin
molex then would have +12, -12, +5, and ground.

This way if someone wants to use a different power supply we are not
locking them into using an ATX type connector.  The 4 pin molex
connectors are pretty common and easily obtained.

73 de Phil N8VB