From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of Eric Ellison
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2006 8:14 AM
To: 'Xylo-SDR Discussion'
Subject: Re: [Xylo-SDR] Teamspeak FPGA discussion -Have we
paintedourselvesinto a corner? Boxed ourselves in?

Edson et.al

Yes, that has come out in discussion, as well as mfg costs, and is it's
deathknell.

I did consider and do a lot of searching on almost all other 'off the shelf'
busses (actually passive backplanes) including Memory busses/connectors,
Mini-PCI, PCI-X, PC-104, 22/44 etc.

As Helmut pointed out, most of the new PCI specifications are not quite "Off
the shelf" friendly $.