[Xylo-SDR] Xylo FPGAConf WARNINGS and news update

Xylons,

Beware of using the latest version of FPGAConf if you purchased your Xylo board some time ago. The early boards work with v2.00.07 and not the current verision v2.01.05. I found out the hard way, kept getting an "FPGA failed to un-configure" error message - thought that I had damaged the board for a while!

Jean confirmed this in an email  vis:

"Yes, the newer version of the software might be incompatible because I
changed slightly the way the Xylo board works in its new revision (and
I didn't take the time to make the software backward compatible...)."

Also DO NOT program the Xylo PROM with any program that uses USB - it you do you will find you can no longer program the PROM via USB but will have to use the JTAG port. Again I found out the hard way but not until I had sent two "faulty" Xylo boards back to Jean. Again, he has confirmed this is a issue. It's not an operational problem since we program the FPGA via the USB. Just bear this in mind if you want to use your Xylo board for other projects.

Latest Janus news is that Bill has solved the problem of sending Rx audio back to the D/A when we use 48k 24 bit from the A/D. He is not fully satisfied with the solution but it works well enough to do some serious performance tests on the Wolfson ( which measures 4dB lower noise floor than the Delta 44!).

I also managed to get I2C read and write over the USB going last night and can control both the Wolfson and TLV as well as a Microchip MCP23016 16bit IO expander chip.

Project is going well and I hope to start drawing the circuit diagram shortly in prepartion for PCB layout. I've posted the latest block diagram of the Janus board at:

http://www.hamsdr.com/personaldirectory.aspx?id=143

Thanks for all the fedback and ideas.

73's  Phil...VK6APH