[Xylo-SDR] Saxo

Hello:

I've just received the new Saxo board this morning! I still have a few things to resolve since I will be using Linux for playing with the board.

My goal is:

a. Have the Saxo enumerate as an USB Audio Class device so that I can leverage ALSA and Jack under Linux. b. Use the USB HID interface to communicate with the FX2 8051 microcontroller. c. Implement a parallel port interface under the FX2 control so that I can control the SDR-1000.

For data acquisition, I will initially be using the AD1838 CODEC since I have it in hand. Later I may change the CODEC to separate ADC/DACs with higher dynamic range.

A few questions to the group:

1. Is there anyone experimenting with the Xylo/Saxo under Linux?
2. For the current development under Windows, is the USB Audio Class interface being used? If not what mehcanism is being used to transfer data from the FX2 to the computer? 3. Is there any attempt to load FPGA code via USB without using the fpga4fun tools?

Since I don't have any experience in programming FPGAs, I will have to slowly learn it. I want to use the FPGA just as an I2S interface plus FIFO for interfacing the FX2 with the CODEC chip. Does anyone have any code fragment I could use for this?

73,

-- Edson, pu1jte, n1vtn, 7n4ncl