From: xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us [mailto:xylo-sdr-bounces@lists.ae5k.us]
On Behalf Of Leon Heller
Sent: Monday, January 16, 2006 7:33 AM
To: Xylo-SDR Discussion
Subject: [Xylo-SDR] FPGA board

I've just ordered some FAN1112 1.2V regulators direct from Fairchild. Mouser

seemed to have a problem with my credit card (I probably got the number
wrong) so I've cancelled that order. My Fairchild distributor had them, but
only if I wanted to buy a reel of 2,500! 1.2V regulators are somewhat
difficult to find, probably because the output voltage is lower than the
reference supply used on most regulators.

I've got some triple output switching regulator samples from TI that are
made specifically for FPGAs, but they are a lot harder to use.

I've also ordered a couple of the SRAMs from Farnell.

I've made the PCB 100 mm x 100 mm, and changed all the Rs and Cs to 0603.

On the DIN41612 connector I'm using pins 1, 33 and 65 for Gnd and pins 32,
64 and 96 for 5V. It's a four-layer board with a ground plane and supply
voltage plane for VccIO (3.3V). I'll use a copper pour area for VccINT
(1.2V).

73, Leon
--
Leon Heller, G1HSM