Re: [Xylo-SDR] Lionheart Block diagram v1.3

Leon et.al.

I agree, and it has been suggested any number of times that our project
boards should derive the 3.3 from on project board regulators. I think Phil
Covington was the first to suggested it way back, as 'best practice'. On the
Lionheart this is very important, since if it is to be standalone then you
can have a berg jumper to get it's 5V off USB or the buss and regulate down
to 3v3.

However, I stress again, that for future interest and sales of a 'basic
system' it would really be nice to include 3V3 power on the buss even if
only one line, for prototypers and breadboarders to use rather than having
to put a 3V3 regulator on the prototype board. Since we have it available in
abundance on the ATX buss connector connect it, but don't use it for our
suggested projects. Just handy for experiments.

The buss board and the Lionheart form a very nice generic FPGA experimental
system, capable of being used in someone's final product. i.e. "Din Rail
mounted process control computer interface." Or "8 input, high speed up/down
counter for determining liquid tank levels with accucoders" It's not ham
radio, to be sure but it sure is do-able a LOT more inexpensively than with
commercial stuff. Give us 3v3 on the buss just don't use it.

The Lionheart and Atlas form a viable commercial product for someone, if
they are willing to take up the gauntlet!

Thanks
Eric