Apollo - Development Discussion
Update 18 December 2009, here is a high resolution picture of Kjell's alpha Apollo board, looking very good :)
Update 16 December 2009, the latest schematics can be found here : PDF Rev 1D Schematic.
- The New PDF version of the schematic is here: PDF Rev 1A Schematic.
- The Silkscreen Top here: Silkscreen Top, Rev 1A.
- The Silkscreen Bottom is here: Silkscreen Bottom, Rev 1A.
- The PCB Top here: PCB Top, Rev 1A.
- The PCB Bottom is here: PCB Bottom, Rev 1A.
Added for LA2NI, Kjell by -- KV0S, Dave 16:38, 10 October 2009 (UTC)
The original PDF version of the schematic is here: PDF rev 0 Schematic.
- I believe the interface is SPI rather than I2C for the TPIC595 latches.
- 74HC14 can be used in lieu of 74HC04. The '14 has Schmitt trigger inputs, might help with noise immunity on the control line(s).
- Suggest considering PIN diode antenna switching instead of a relay (RL15). For those who operate CW QSK, quiet is nice. It's even nice for those who don't :-). KK7P 21:22, 14 June 2009 (UTC)
- Another comment: An Elecraft T-1 could also be accommodated at these power levels as an alternative to the suggested LDG. Disclaimer: I work for Elecraft. KK7P 05:02 31 July 2009 (UTC)