GIBRALTAR - GPS-disciplined Frequency Standard
Project leaders are Rick, W2GPS and Steve, N7HPR.
As currently planned, GIBRALTAR is a GPS-disciplined frequency standard board that will produce:
(1) a 10Mhz signal for the ATLAS bus
(2) a precision 1PPS signal for the ATLAS bus.
(3) a sampling signal for MERCURY
Design elements have been discussed on the HPSDR list. This block diagram represents an intial proposal. Each block is based on existing proven circuiry, assembled in a new way to meet the needs of the HPSDR project. Comments are encouraged.
GIBRALTAR recognizes two other designs, some elements of which may be included in GIBRALTAR:
- the commercial CNS Clock II designed by Rick, W2GPS 
GIBRALTAR may use one of two possible GPS receivers:
- the iLotus M12M 
- the Trimble Resolution-T 
The onboard OXCO may be one of two choices:
- Valpey Fisher VFT8HC18L5V-10.000 OXCO . This oscillator operates on 5VDC at 130ma during warm-up and 25ma steady state.
- Crystek CO27VH15DE-12-10.000 OXCO . This oscillator operates on 15VDC at 300ma during warm-up and 110ma steady state.
Both of these oscillators cost over $250 each in small quantities.